Monday, November 10, 2008

News from Turkey 11/10/08

Gateway Newsletter and Prayer Update: November 9, 2008 Greetings to you all from Turkey! The last 2 weeks have been packed with the Spirit of God moving and guiding in the ministries here. Thanks for being part of it all through your prayers and support! Zacchaeus Trip with Dr. Müjdeci delayed: I waited for Dr. Müjdeci’s arrival at Beytel East, but unfortunately Dr. M. never came or called. We would have been in Ova meeting with the believers there and making visits however the day before Dr. M. was to meet me his wallet/money/phone/bags were stolen and he could not get in contact with me to let me know. He finally got into contact with us and we were just glad to know he was alive! We will try again to go at the end of this month. Evangelism at Beytel East: Young Kurdish girl professes faith in the King!: Although we didn’t go to Ova, while at Beytel East the King had much work for us to do. There is a girl there that this summer E. was able to share with but because of her Muslim background she felt she could not “become” a Christian. She told E. that she loved Jesus and that she sees that Christianity is the true way but because she is from a Muslim background she must die a Muslim. She told E., “When you go to heaven can you tell Jesus to accept me, and tell him that I wanted to be a Christian and love Him but because I am from a Muslim background, I have to die a Muslim.” We have been praying for her daily. The first night at Beytel East I spent hours sharing with her and her mother. Then a few days later (this past Thursday night), the King provided an opportunity for us to present the Gospel clearly and she prayed with us to come to the King! After the prayer her eyes lit up and said with a big smile, “Am I a Christian now?”. I said to her that now Jesus is with her at all times and that she now has a true hope in her difficult life and One whom she can come to with all her cares. Also she no longer needs E. to talk to Jesus for her! Her concern now, as with most people in the East, is that when her family learns they may kill her. Please pray for this young girl we will call “Ö”. Pray that she will grow in her faith and that she may be protected from family members that would wish to kill her for her faith and us because we shared it. Fruits of Christian Resource Projects: “M.” destroys charms and amulets and shares with his family at Beytel East!: Also this past Thursday I was speaking with “M.” who weeks ago was given our book on Folk Islam and the Gospel’s response to it called Aman Nazar Değmesin! (May the Evil Eye Have No Effect.) “M.” was eager to meet with me because he knew I wrote the book and he immediately told me what happened after he read it. He said, “I felt there was a voice speaking to me saying, ‘Open up the two muska (amulets) that you have been wearing since you were a child, they are empty!” He went on to tell me, “I decided to open them up and I found they were empty! I couldnt believe it, I went to my mother and showed them to her as well and she was shocked. Because my mother doesn’t speak Turkish, only Kurdish I read the book outloud to her in Kurdish and now we have gotten rid of the nazarlık (protective amulets) in our home as well. I began to think about my life and realized what was written in your book is true!”. I then asked him about what he thought about Jesus and we spoke of Jesus’ power over demons and then I learned about the karabasanlar (demons in Turkey) that had attacked him and I told him of the power of Christ and how he must believe in Him. Pray for “M.” that he would give his whole life to the King and believe in Him alone. He is on the path! Beytel West Growing: Providing Live worship on the internet to Beytel East!: We praise the Lord for the growth and for those who are part of our fellowship. We are in the process of raising up a leader “B.” for a 2nd Eastern base near the Iranian border! Pray that “B.” would learn and grow to be the leader and pastor the Lord would have him to be. We are now broadcasting live via internet from Beytel West every Sunday to Beytel East so we can worship simultaneously! This has been such a blessing as we are able to see and speak to each other in real time using the internet! We may use this method for further church plants in the East. Thank you for your continued prayers and support, J. of G.E.S. Please make your checks payable to: New Horizons Foundation
(FBO Gateway Missions) and send to: New Horizons Foundation Inc.
4570 Hilton Parkway, Suite 203
Colorado Springs, CO 80907

To learn more about our Christian Resource Projects and or other projects please visit our website: www.gatewayeducation.org

No comments: