Friday, March 5, 2010

Update from Zurafa

Hey everyone!

It has been a while since my last report. Sorry about that. First, I want to thank all of you who have been praying for my trip here and for safety and so forth. I know many of those prayers have been answered in MANY ways! I also want to give thanks to God for everything He has done! I have seen God working here and in my life since I came here. Please continue to pray for my learning of the culture, language, and other related topics.

Right now I am working on a research paper. The topic is who Jesus is according to the Qur'an. Once I finish that part, I will follow up with a comparison of who Jesus is according to the Bible and then with J's help, how to implement that knowledge when witnessing to a Muslim. Going through the Qur'an a third time right now more slowly to catch everything and to make comparisons with other prophets mentioned in the Qur'an.

I have decided to remain in Turkey for another three months to study more Turkish and to help with a couple things that will be happening here. This coming month I will be involved with helping a college student learn what a M's life is like and the following month I hope to enrol in another month of language school. Shortly after I plan on returning home to attend university. While I am there (in Rochester), it is my plan to begin a new ministry among the Turks there, as there are about 20,000 of them living in Rochester. I will be holding classes to help teach how to effectively witness to Turkish Muslims and a lot about Islam itself. If you or anyone you know would like to participate or would be able or willing to help (like if you already do this somewhere or speak Turkish and live in Rochester) please contact me; Especially if you know a great deal about Islam. I realize that only five months of study leaves me greatly inadequate to teach on the subject as it is a very large and confounding subject.

I am happy to report that I have already been able to find the support of a man who is already doing this same work in NJ and said he would be willing to help in any way he can. I have also met people in many states and countries who work with Turks who said they would be willing to help me with any questions or ideas. Praise God for His provision!

Here is how you can pray specifically the work in Turkey:
· Pray that God would raise good godly leaders in His churches here.
· Pray for the work that will start in Rochester.
· Pray for much discernment for me as well as the other workers here for many decisions that need to be made.
· Pray that I will be accepted into the college I applied to and will get into the right pre-med classes.
· Pray that the Lord would open my mind to learn what He would have me to learn and to give me a humble and obedient Heart
· Please pray that God would reach His lost sheep here and bring them out of the kingdom of darkness and into the Kingdom of Light.
· And always remember to pray for our brothers and sisters who are in prison and who are suffering. (Heb 13:3) Thanks for all the prayers everyone! They truly are a blessing! ____________________________________________________________

If you feel led to support the work here, please contact J of GES for more info on donating. You can email him at gatewayeducationalservices@hotmail.com You can now see more constant updates and pictures on my Facebook account: Zurafa Turk

-- It is well with my soul, Is it well with yours?

~Zurafa Turk

No comments: