Friday, January 8, 2010

News from Zurafa

Romans 13:11-12
11And do this, understanding the present time.
The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber,
because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here.
So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.


Hey everyone!
I know I just sent a message the other day, but I want to update you on Kenan's health. He id doing great! This morning he went to the hospital to get his staples and stitches removed and the cuts are looking so much better! He has been giving all the glory to God telling people how Christ had healed him, not only physically, but spiritually. Many of his friends are starting to ask questions and understand his point of view! Pray for them that they would come to know the King of the universe. Pray also that God would really begin to break through the darkness here and that many people would see the light and come to know Him.

Guys, this place that I am staying in they called Sodom for a reason. This is one of Satan's strongholds. Everyone you meet has never met a Christian before nor have they ever heard the Gospel. This place is very oppressive and I have not felt right ever since I got here. I was told it is the same for every believer who comes here. I would like to ask you for your prayers for my spiritual health. I feel stunted and have not been able to feel God's presence for days now. I know He is stronger than the darkness, but I need your help with your prayers for myself as well as E. and Kenan.

I am really starting to enjoy the idea of teaching these people. They came over today to visit Kenan and see how he is doing and stayed a very long time and we were able to talk (by which I mean play charades). I am beginning to feel more comfortable with the whole being-in-front-of-people thing. We start classes again on Monday and I have been studying more English than I ever remember learning. I am wishing I had paid attention in English class now...

I have three months to teach them and I hope to be able to share a little more than just my knowledge of English with them. Keep these people in prayer!

Very close to being done with the Qur'an and have finished several of J's books. A long way more to go though. Keep praying for my focus. I tend to lose it eas-hey! have you ever wondered what the difference is from a house fly and a regular fly? ;D

Anyway, I really appreciate those of you who have taken time to pray for me, to send support, and to send encouraging letters.


Here is how you can pray specifically for me and the area here:
· Pray that God would raise good godly leaders in His churches here.
· Pray for Kenan's speedy recovery and new unemployment.
· Pray that God will use the English class as a platform for sharing the Gospel.
· Pray that God would reclaim this land for His own!
· Pray for much discernment for me as well as the other workers here for many decisions that need to be made.
· Pray that if that is God's will, He will open the doors to get me to the right college with the right classes.
· Pray that the Lord would open my mind to learn what He would have me to learn and to give me a humble and obedient heart.
· Pray that God will continue to guide my conversations and give me the words to speak and the courage to speak.
· Please pray that God would reach His lost sheep here and bring them out of the kingdom of darkness and into the Kingdom of Light.
· And always remember to pray for your brothers and sisters who are in prison and who are suffering. (Heb 13:3)
Thanks for all the prayers everyone! They truly are a blessing!
____________________________________________________________
If you feel led to support my training here, you can send donations to: New Horizons Foundation Inc. (Check Memo: Gateway Missions/Zurafa) Send to: New Horizons Foundation, Inc. 4570 Hilton Parkway, Suite 203 Colorado Springs, CO 80907 This will help pay for things like my Turkish classes, rent, and food. You can also give online at New Horizons. If you do decide to give online, you will need to send me an email sayıng how much you sent because there ıs only one account for GES. Zurafa108@gmail.com. or you can send an email to J of GES at gatewayeducationalservices@hotmail.com. Also for those of you who go to Victory Baptist Church, Grace Road Church, or Wheatland Community Church, you can put your donations in the offering box/plate and it will find its way to me. (I hope) Thank you everyone who decides to pray or give financially!

You can now see more constant updates on my Facebook account: Zurafa Turk
(Picture of a Turkish Stop Sign [I thought it was pretty funny;])

--
Zurafa
It is well with my soul,
It is well with yours?
No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 9.0.722 / Virus Database: 270.14.119/2586 - Release Date: 12/29/09 02:47:00

No comments: