Wednesday, October 21, 2009

News from the Bonners

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

Greetings in the wonderful name of our blessed Savior. I think I have enough strength now to sit up and write and let all of you know what has been happening with Becky and I. Here goes.

When I returned after 8 weeks in Africa, I was scheduled for a total knee replacement. The pain in my left leg never stopped and I was having a difficult time getting around without it locking up at times or just staying swollen and tender. The doctor said my knee was one of the worst he had ever worked on. I guess I waited long enough. The surgery was September 22nd and while I was still in the hospital I had a heart attack. I called Becky at 3AM on the 24th and told her even before I called the nurse because I really thought I was going to glory and just wanted to let Becky know I loved her so much. They rushed me in an ambulance to another hospital and found 2 blood clots in my heart that caused cardiac failure. They removed the clots and put in 2 stents for a total of 11 that I have now. After that, my heart and lungs filled with blood and I was put on oxygen for the next 5 days and was in ICU. Then I developed a fever and infection and had 2 IVs along with several blood transfusion. The stories I could tell about those 5 days. It too my heart 5 more days to go back to a normal rhythm. They changed most of my heart meds and finally released me. I have started some home rehab with my knee, but being unable to since the surgery, it has put my schedule way behind. God is wonderful and full of mercy and grace and answers prayers. God is good.

Becky and I want to thank all of you who prayed us through. I came so close to being with Jesus and I had total peace. It's hard to explain the Grace that goes on and on and on. I am praying for a steady recovery to get back working for the Lord. He is worthy, He is worthy. We have many plans for next year, African and beyond. We must get the Word out while we can. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Words just seem to be not enough to thank each one of you for your prayers, support, and for your love for Jesus and the Bonner family. We love you. To God be the glory, great things He hath done. We have another chance to do something for our KING.

In Jesus Name,

Bobby & Becky Bonner

No comments: