Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Out Bound Again!

Usually on Monday’s I’m in an airport somewhere, heading back to Detroit. Today (Monday), I’m out-bound from Detroit, heading for an important meeting in Washington, D.C. with two of my three board members, David Brown, pastor of the First Baptist Church of East Longmeadow (MA), and David Stokes, pastor of the Fair Oaks Church in Fairfax (VA).

The third board member, Rick Cochran, pastor of The Bridge Church in the northern Indianapolis (IN) area is not able to make it for the meeting. Let me explain and enlist your help.

Not quite two years ago, Rick had to undergo open heart surgery and, although the surgery went quite well, he has never quite felt “quite right,” to use his term. A few days again, Rick emailed with some reservations about how he was feeling and asking me to pray for him. Last night, we talked at length … and I did not like the symptoms that he described over the phone. I strongly suggested that he not make the trip, but rather make a trip to either see his cardiologist or to the closest emergency room.

BTW, do you pray? If so, I would really appreciate you praying for my friend Rick Cochran over the next few days as the medical team sorts out what is going on with his cardiovascular system and takes appropriate steps. I’m sure that his wife Jill and his three children would also appreciate your prayers as well.

And while you’re praying, ask the Lord to infuse Dave, Dave, and Dale with fresh vision and wisdom as we discuss strategy for the future of my ministry in Great Britain and the securing of the funds to make several projects happen on that side of the pond.

Cheers!

Visit Dale's Blog!

No comments: