Wednesday, May 19, 2010

News from the Bonners

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Greetings in the name of the Lord. Hoping and praying this letter finds all of you in God's perfect will. I would like to apologize for not writing in a while. Please forgive me. Becky sends her greetings as well and we both feel all of you need to know the latest updates on my health, so here goes.

Ever since last September when I suffered a heart attach, I have never fully recovered from it. My heart has been what they call A-Fib, which means it is indeed out of sync. Because of this the last few months have been just up and down. No strength or stamina, shortness of breath. I also had a streak where I was bleeding internally. After several tests, it was found that one of the valves in my heart has been leaking for some time. Every time my heart beets, the valve does not open and shut normally and so my heart is leaking blood.

I saw a heart surgeon who strongly suggested we go in for a valve replacement along with two by-passes. One of my arteries is clogged again. He is not sure of the extent of the damage but my heart is getting weaker and weaker. When I asked the doctor what if I do not have surgery, he said my heart would continue to weaken at a faster pace and I would not last very long, so really there is no other option that surgery. They are going in to my chest next week with a camera to check the valve to see if it can be repaired or replaced. My heart surgery is on the 7th of June. The doctor said, my heart is not strong, and it is not weak, it is sort of right in the middle. He would rather operate on a stronger heart, but my heart will continue to weaken the longer I wait for surgery. If I wait too long, then the risk will be much higher. The doctor said as of right now the success rate on a surgery like mine, in the condition the heart is in, will be around 90%. I will take those odds any day.

So there you have it. I know many of you have tried to call but my cell phone is kaput. I dropped it in the toilet and it is finished. I am not going to get another cell unless all is successful. No sense in getting a new two year contract if I am with Jesus. PLEASE, PRAY for Becky. She is taking this hard. She weeps and worries over me. Please pray God would give her His grace to go through this.

I will not be able to go to Africa summer, so please continue to pray for IAM Ministries. We have around $12,000 raised for container, and just need $4,000 more. Please pray about this need. Thank you all of yo for the cards and letters, support and especially the prayers. God bless each of you.

In Jesus Name,
Bobby and Becky Bonner
IAM Ministries

No comments: