Tuesday, June 22, 2010

News from Africa

Dear Brothers and Sisters and Prayer Warriors,

Greetings in the wonderful name of the Lord. Thank you all so much for all the prayers that have reached Heavens gates and came down and wrapped us in His Peace and Grace. Becky sends her love and appreciation as well.

Well here goes: the surgery that was scheduled for June 7th was moved up because I went into congestive heart failure. They put me in with a different doctor who specializes in valve replacements. What a coincidence! They replaced my valve and one of the arteries that had most of my stents. After surgery, I was bleeding and almost had to go in again, but the prayers of God's people made a difference. When I came out of surgery, they found a huge sport on one of my kidneys. I told the doctor it was from a bout of Black Water Fever I had in 2000. He said he had never heard of such a thing and wanted more tests. After more tests came back and said it was scar tissue from something that happened long ago, and once again I told him about Africa, this time he listened. He said I should keep close watch on it in the future. Then he said I needed a pace maker put in so that was done as well. When they released me to go home, they had my left arm in a sling and my elbow swelled up twice its size. I went in for a weekly checkup and mentioned it and they did an ultrasound and found blood clots in my arm, so I was back in the hospital again. I am now at home giving myself shots everyday to get my blood regulated.

This time it may take just a bit longer for rehab, but I already feel better, my breathing is just wonderful now and hopefully when I am stronger this can help me prolong the ministry God has called me to. God is so good. Some lessons learned: Going through something like this without the Lord has got to be just miserable. I felt as if I was in the arms of Jesus the whole time. Even though there is pain, there is still peace. God's grace is sufficient. All the opportunities for witnessing was a blessing. One of the men took home a tract I gave him and led his son to the Lord. There are so many other stories as well.

The work in Africa is going well. A 40ft. container will be shipped any day full of supplies. Thank you for all your support in helping in this effort. Remember we have our annual Bible Conference in the "bush" this August. We need help to feed all the people. Just $1 can feed someone for 7 days. We are expecting around 1500 ids for VBS and over 5000 adults. We have a team of doctors coming over led by Dr. Jim Elias. They will bring in so many more people as they set up the clinic right next to the tabernacle. Please pray about helping with this.

Once again and as always, thank you for all your prayers and support. To God be the glory. We love each of you.

In Jesus Name,
Bobby and Becky Bonner

No comments: