Monday, December 14, 2009

Merhaba From Turkey!

Hey Guys!

I just made my move to Sodom two days ago. On the way here we spent a day in Cappadocia to see how our brothers and sister lived in times of Roman oppression. They carved out tunnels and caves to live in for safety while people sought them to kill them. It really touched my emotions when I saw how our brothers and sisters had to live because they were Christians. Unfortunately, things don't change with the times. Christians today are still being beating, imprisoned, tortured, and killed simply because they will not turn from the truth (just two years ago three men were beaten and killed here in Turkey). This has been a great reminder to me of what can and might be lost when you follow Christ. But it also reminds me of what will be gained. Namely: eternal life with the Creator of the Universe. Here in Sodom I will be teaching English at a K. cultural center where E. also teaches Russian. I also picked up a basketball in Istanbul and will be playing ball here to make some friends. I can see the court from my window :)

My brothers and sisters, please be reminded always to be thankful for what you have. God has given us who are in America so much and we can be so ungrateful at times. I know when I go back I will be so thankful for drinkable tap-water, grass, clean air, and freedom to worship my God when and where I want and that don't have to hide who I am and my purpose for being! (and a ton more!!)

My brothers and my sisters, we are one family under one Father! Let us be united in that if nothing else. Pray for the unity of the church! Pray that people would look past their differences and truly become the family of Christ. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share with you guys! I love you and miss you all and can't wait to see you again someday.


Here is how you can pray specifically for me and the area here:
· Pray that God would raise good godly leaders in His churches here.
· Pray that I will be a good English teacher and will be able to use the class as a platform for sharing the Gospel.
· Pray for much discernment for me as well as the other workers here for many decisions that need to be made.
· Pray that if that is God's will, He will open the doors to get me to the right college with the right classes.
· Pray that the Lord would open my mind to learn what He would have me to learn and to give me a humble and obedient heart.
· Pray that God will continue to guide my conversations and gıve me the words to speak and the courage to speak.
· Please pray that God would reach His lost sheep here and bring them out of the kingdom of darkness and into the Kingdom of Light.
· And always remember to pray for your brothers and sisters who are in prison and who are suffering. (Heb 13:3)

Thanks for all the prayers everyone! They truly are a blessing!
____________________________________________________________

If you feel led to support my training here, you can send donations to: New Horizons Foundation Inc. (Check Memo: Gateway Missions/Zurafa)Send to:New Horizons Foundation, Inc.4570 Hilton Parkway, Suite 203
Colorado Springs, CO 80907

This will help pay for things like my Turkish classes, rent, and food. Any extra money will be used for projects here in Turkey. You can also give online at New Horizons. If you do decide to give online, you will need to send me an email sayıng how much you sent because there ıs only one account for GES. Zurafa108@gmail.com. or you can send an email to J of GES at gatewayeducationalservices@hotmail.com.


Also for those of you who go to Victory Baptist Church, Grace Road Church, or Wheatland Community Church, you can put your donations in the offering box/plate labeled accordingly and it will find its way to me.

Thank you everyone who decides to pray or give financially!
-- Your brother in Christ,
~Zurafa~

It is well with my soul,
Is it well with yours?

No comments: