Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Taking the Light of the Gospel to Macedonia

March 31, 2009

As we said hello to 2009 and the prospects of a new year we hit a detour caused by some health issues. Those issues have now been diagnosed and a plan of action has begun.

On February 9th a golf ball sized tumor was removed from my bladder. Not long after the surgery a biopsy indicated the cancer spread to a nearby lymph node. Surgery is planned for April 1st at which time they will remove that lymph node along with several others which are close by. Three to four weeks following the surgery, a regimen of radiation therapy coupled with simultaneous chemo therapy will begin and last for 7 1/2 weeks.

Thank you for your prayer on my behalf. God has given me confidence that all will end to His glory and that He isn't yet through with me. Like the Lord's message to Paul in Acts 23:11 about Rome, He has assured me "as you have testified for Me in (the U.S.), so you must also bear witness in (Macedonia)." Knowing that He has called me to this ministry has solidified my faith in Him even more.

Thank you for praying for my physical health. If you will, please pray for our financial needs at this time too. Just as we were beginning to raise our monthly support, we had to stop to address these health issues. You can understand, I'm sure, not only are the usual bills we are faced with not going to stop, now we are faced with the enormous cost of surgery, etc. with no health insurance. Many of our friends and past partners in ministry have already begun supporting our ministry and for that we are eternally grateful.

If you, or your church, have plans to take us on for support is it possible for you to start now? If you had not plans to support us, will you consider picking us up even though we have not been able to visit you face to face? Due to obvious circumstances I will not be able to travel until sometime in August at the very earliest, but will be glad to schedule a meeting with you as soon as I know I am physically able to keep my commitment. If monthly support is not possible, a one time offering would be very helpful. I'm sorry to be so direct in my appeal, but I don't know where else I should go, but to my friends and partners in ministry.

God has opened "a great door of opportunity for effective ministry" in Macedonia and the Balkan States. If He is going to use us to this great ministry it is going to require faith. As I consider what He is doing in my life, I understand that He is building that great faith through this trial. I have made myself available, and I am not withdrawing because of this adversary.

Thank you for standing with us in this difficult time.

In Christ's care,

Lou Hill

Balkan State Ministries
PO Box 3124
Nampa, ID 83683

Email: lou@louhill.com
www.balkanstatesministries.org

No comments: