Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bob and Betts Parschauer: December 2008

Dear Friends and Supporters:

This morning I was reading in Mark 8:2. Jesus said to His disciples, "I have compassion on the multitude because they have continued with me for three days and have not eaten."

Oh that we would have that kind of compassion for people! I see the needs of these people in Europe and the hunger for the things of God in Eastern Europe, but I know that I do not have that kind of compassion for them. I do long to help them, and I trust that these reports will motivate you to pray for our missionaries and be involved in any way that is possible for you.

Was it not the compassion of our Lord that brought Him to be born in a manger, live in the sinful world, shed His blood, die and be raised from the dead. Was it not that compassion that brought salvation and the promise of eternal life with Him in the future? Yes it was! That is the story that began over 2000 years ago with the first Christmas.

As some of you know, I had the privilege of traveling to Europe again this past summer. This trip to Poland, Germany, and Czech Republic left a deep impression on my mind. There are so many needs and so few workers. The camps all over Europe again were very fruitful as hundreds of boys and girls, young people and even a good number of adults accepted Christ. After I returned, Betts and I were able to witness the ordination of both Bobby and Brent. That was a very joyous experience for us. After this experience we traveled out to Ohio for a Parschauer reunion. What a joy to be together with many of our family who are spread all over America and Canada.

We just completed a tour with Concert Pianist Gregor Breier and our Word of Life Director of Bulgaria, Sergie and Tania Tyshcenko, (25 concerts), and were overwhelmed with the generosity of God's people during this economic crisis. The people gave almost $20,000 in offerings and pledges for our work in Bulgaria. PTL! This family is still in need of another $600 personal monthly support. They are a wonderful family and worthy of our support. The funds that we raised will help them purchase a van and finances for their winter camp. Their greatest need is for a center where they can meet with the young people that they are working with. Please be in prayer that this will become a reality.

At the present time, I am in the process of setting up three more tours for next spring. The Word of Life German Brass Ensemble will be here in March, Juan Silas with our new missionary to Turkey, in March and April and in June the Tyschenko's with Gregor Breier once again. Thank you for your prayers as I contact churches regarding these tours.

As you read over the following reports from our ministries in Europe and Africa, please be in prayer for our leaders as well as our co-workers. It is such a joy for me to represent them here in America. We just heard that Jorge and Laura Radziwiluk, our Ukraine director, lost their house in a fire November 19. They are in need of $100,000 to replace it. Both apartments are destroyed. Please be in prayer that God will, in a miraculous way, provide for this family during this crisis time.

We would again ask for your prayer for Betts and me that God would give us wisdom as we deal with yet another challenge with cancer. Here is a short note that Betts wrote to some of her closest friends expressing our feelings at this time.

"There's no need to explain the emotions and thoughts that go with finding out from the recent biopsy report that the small lump on my left chest wall was cancerous. You can well imagine this for yourselves. In fact, we aren't sure just now what course of action to pursue even though there are a few options that we are checking out. After 24 years of such a challenging journey, it quickly becomes "old hat", so to speak, when there's another bump in the road. One thing is for certain though-we need your supportive and caring prayers as we humbly ask our Abba Father what he would have us to do. Wishing I could say more-but I guess this time I'll wrap myself in my "Love Blanket" quilt and let God do some more hugging on me. "

We know that all things work together for good to those who love the Lord and He is already working in our lives through these circumstances that have once again come our way.

Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support for our ministries in Europe and for us personally.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Yar to all of you.

Our love and prayers,

Bob and Betts

No comments: