Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Merhaba From Turkey!

Hey Everyone!

Its been two months now since I first step foot in Turkey. I have been learning so much with J! Language, culture, religions, apologetics, and a ton more. All the while building relationships with our brothers and sisters in Christ as well as those that are outside of the Kingdom of Light.

I have been blessed with the opportunity to share my faith and answer questions with many of the people I have met. I was able to speak with one guy for 45 minutes and another girl for an hour just answering questions about the Bible and who God is. Some seem very interested and some have told me "I think you are completely wrong, but I think you will live a very happy life." I really hope they come to know Christ.

I was blessed two weeks ago to witness the baptism of "W". It is always an amazing and greatly motivating thing for me to witness someone's public proclamation of their newfound relationship with Christ. I hope to see many more people come to know Christ.

In one month I will be heading to "Sodom" to learn from E. I was able to spend a few days with him here and really enjoyed my time with him. I can't wait to learn from him. Please also pray for wisdom and guidance in my decision for my future here. Right now I am leaning towards training to be a medical doctor. I have always loved the medical scene and this would give me a great freedom to go to many places and open doors for other workers. That would involve about 7-8 years of studying (or more). For those of you I told I would be gone for 4-6 months, we are leaning more towards 6-8. This way I can have a really good base in the Turkish language so that when I go back to Rochester, NY I can begin to reach the 15-20 thousand Turkish Muslims there. Currently there is no one that we know of that is working wth them.

Here is how you can pray specifically for me and the area here:
-Pray that God would raise good godly leaders in His churches here.
-Pray for much discernment for me as well as the other workers here for many decisions that need to be made.
-Pray that if that is God's will, He will open the doors to get me to the right college with the right classes.
-Pray that the Lord would open my mind to learn what He would have me to learn and to give me a humble and obedient heart.
-Pray that God will continue to guide my conversations and gıve me the words to speak and the courage to speak.
-Please pray that God would reach His lost sheep here and bring them out of the kingdom of darkness and into the Kingdom of Light.
-And always remember to pray for your brothers and sisters who are in prison and who are suffering. (Heb 13:3)

Thanks for all the prayers everyone! They are really helping! And thanks to everyone who has given to help me get here!

If you feel led to support my training here, you can send donations to:

New Horizons Foundation Inc. (Check Memo: Gateway Missions/Zurafa)

Send to:

New Horizons Foundation, Inc.4570 Hilton Parkway, Suite 203
Colorado Springs, CO 80907


This will help pay for things like my Turkish classes, rent, and food. Any extra money will be used for projects here in Turkey (like buying a church) and will be given to J of GES to decide what to do with. You can give online at New Horizons.If you do decide to give online, you will need to send me an email sayıng how much you sent because there ıs only one account for GES.

Zurafa108@gmail.com.

Also for those of you who go to Victory Baptist Church, Grace Road Church, or Wheatland Community Church, you can put your donations in the offering box/plate and it will find its way to me. (I hope)

Thank you everyone who decides to give financially or to pray!


-- Your brother in Christ,

~Zurafa~

No comments: